Bayside, on Farm Road 136 twenty-five miles north of Corpus Christi in southeastern Refugio County, stretches more than 3? miles along the southwestern shore of Copano Bay. The town was founded near the site of the former community of Black Point in 1908 by E. O. Burton and A. H. Danforth, who sought to attract fruit and vegetable growers to the area. Burton and Danforth had part of their property divided into 505 five-acre tracts designed for truck farming. The original townsite consisted of nineteen blocks and one hotel block; land along the shore was set aside for use as public parks. The proprietors also built a bathhouse and a wharf for community use. A well was drilled at the edge of town to provide free water to residents. Burton and Davenport were experienced developers and advertised nationwide. A purchaser of a five-acre tract was to receive a town lot. Although many people bought property with the intention of becoming residents, most of the land was purchased by speculators. The demand for land was overwhelming, and to comply with all the orders for property, Burton and Danforth acquired and subdivided what remained of the abandoned townsite of St. Mary's of Aransas qv , two miles to the northeast. They annexed this property to Bayside in 1909 and 1910.


Bayside, Texas

Frisco, Texas

Texas' Rising Star


Top Camping Spots

Find the most popular Texas camping destinations across the state.


Great Texas Food

Great food can be found all across the Lone Star state.